Wednesday 19 December 2012

It's Not Easy Being Green, But It Sure Is Fun Without A Conscience!

Plants... 

I told you, they're murderous little villains that do despicable things for sex and power. It's true. They do things that we, as humans, would consider sinful and unconscionable. But then, we have that nagging little thing called a conscience that gets in the way of that old adage: "Survival of the fittest." Do plants think? We know they feel. They react. They release stress hormones when abused. They grow better when we talk to them (no, I don't talk to my plants... Often.). But do they think? If they do, then they just - don't - care. And if that's the case, think twice the next time you mow the lawn...


In no other category of life is it truer than it is with plants - if you are fitter than the guy next to you, you live and he just may not. Not if you have anything to do with it. Plants have perfected the assassination role. They have honed their impostor personas. They have downright murdered their victims with a slow, agonizing death stretching out over months and years. It's vile, the things they will do to outcompete each other for real-estate, breeding rights, food and water consumption... They want all the same things as us, and they're not afraid to get downright dirty and despicable to get what they want.


Plants fascinate me. I've been learning about them for decades now, which is weird to say because I'm not that old, yet. But I'm old enough that I know enough to potentially write an interesting and captivating blog about something most people consider, perhaps, bland. As much as I hope to entertain, I'd like to inform too, but above all, I'll try to keep it interesting. And short (like a bonsai) and sweet (like a potato).


That being said, I hope you learn something, and me too for that matter. Life's a lesson, so let's get on with it!



NEXT BLOGS
You're probably wanting to know more about the murderous monsters and sex-obcessed impostors, right? Read on to the next blog to find out more!

A Parasite By Any Other Name


No comments:

Post a Comment